The USA men’s national team dominated much of the game in the first two matches against Wales and England, but have only drawn a few times. Iran is one point ahead of the US in the Group B standings after losing to England and beating Wales to set up a winner-all game on Tuesday. The winner of the USA-Iran match will advance to the Round of 16 – the Knockout Stage – while the loser will go home. A draw would also send Iran to the knockout stage, so the USMNT must end its tie and get into the win column in its final group stage match.
The game between the US and Iran begins Tuesday, November 29 at 2pm ET (11am PT) in the U.S. The game will be shown nationwide in the US on Peacock and Fox, which is available at. Outside the US, World Cup matches are broadcast by other streaming services, including the BBC in the UK, SBS in Australia and TSN in Canada. But what if you are traveling outside your home country and want to enjoy the match, or just want an extra layer ? There is an option where you don’t have to search the internet for a sketchy website: you can use a or virtual private network.
For example, you can watch the match and the rest of the 2022 World Cup from anywhere in the world with a VPN.
When is the game between the US and Iran?
Iran plays against USA 2pm ET (11am ET) on Tuesday, November 29.
Elsewhere in the world, the game kicks off at 10pm in Qatar, 7pm in London and on Wednesday, November 30 at 4am in Tokyo and 6am in Sydney.
How to watch the Iran vs USA match online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to watch the match locally, using a VPN may come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speeds on race day by encrypting your traffic, plus it’s a great idea for when you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network , and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to access the game. So if your ISP or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in an obscured zone, a VPN can solve that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, unobscured area. Most VPNs, like oursmake it very easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You’ll want to make sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even if VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it believes is evading properly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great onesnow taking place.
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN choice for people who want a reliable and secure VPN, and it works across devices. It normally costs $13 per month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of free access – the equivalent of $6.67 per month – if you sign up for an annual plan.
Keep in mind that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Live stream the match between USA and Iran in United States
The game between Iran and the US is on Fox in the US, so you have athat carries a Fox station broadcasting the game. The least expensive service is Sling TV Blue.
Of the live TV streaming services that local Fox stations and FS1 offer, Sling TV Blue is the cheapest at $40 per month. Please note that Sling is currently running a promotion where the first month of service is half price ($20) for new subscribers.
An important caveat: While FS1 is available on Sling TV throughout the US, local Fox affiliates are only available if your billing address is in one of the 18 metropolitan areas covered by Sling’s agreement. If you’re outside of one of these areas, you’re probably better off using one of the alternative services below.
Countless othersalso carry FS1 and local Fox stations, namely YouTube TV, Hulu Plus Live TV, DirecTV Stream and FuboTV. They all cost more than Sling TV, but they also have more channels. Check out our for details.
For Spanish-speaking residents of the US, Peacock broadcasts all World Cup matches live in Spanish. The remaining games will be streamed on the $5 per month Peacock Premium subscription package, not the free tier of the service.
Read our Peacock review.
Watch the 2022 World Cup USA vs Iran match in UK for free
Fans in the UK can watch every match of the 2022 World Cup for free. Games are split between two channels, the BBC and ITV; the match between Iran and the US is on the BBC. If you’re away from the UK, you can use a VPN like ExpressVPN to watch BBC iPlayer or ITVX (formerly ITV Hub) from anywhere.
Stream US vs. Iran World Cup 2022 match in Australia
Aleksandra Aleshchenko/Getty Images
Fans in Australia can stream all 64 World Cup matches live for free on SBS On Demand, home of the country’s free-to-air TV network. The service also offers full replays, mini-matches and highlights.
In addition to the services and countries listed above, there are plenty of other local competitions that will carry the 2022 World Cup. These include:
- Argentina: TVP
- Belgium: RTBF (French) and VRT (Dutch)
- Brazil: TV Globo
- Canada: TSN
- France: TF1 and beIN Sports
- Germany: ARD and ZDF
- Hong Kong: PCCW
- Japan: Dentsu
- New Zealand: Heaven
- Spain: RTVE
Quick tips for streaming the 2022 World Cup with a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider, and VPN — experience and success can vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try the “search by city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble downloading the game after enabling your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, sign in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the registered address for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address registered to your account. Second, some smart TVs, such as Roku, don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (such as your phone), so that every device on the Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases, with smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a number code or click a link sent to your email address registered for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, as both devices seem to be in the right location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so be sure to use a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend .